Association of Lithuania’s Regions Libraries (LRBA) is a non-profit institution professionally connecting Lithuania’s libraries in regions established in 2012. Libraries and their branches in Vilnius and Kaunas – two biggest cities in Lithuania – also belong to the Association. The Association raises the following objectives:
• to encourage collaboration among regional libraries;
• to encourage employment of innovations;
• to expand advanced libraries’ practices;
• to continuously improve librarians’ qualifications;
• to promote libraries and strengthen their role in society;
• to coordinate practices of Association members.
In order to achieve these goals, the Association constantly participates in modernization programmes, organizes and implements innovative projects and programmes to encourage reading, provides support to existing and newly established libraries, organizes and supports librarians’ qualification trainings, defends rights to free information and resources, actively supports development of literacy, and collaborates with analogic Lithuanian and foreign organizations.
Projects implemented by the Association together with libraries in regions:
• Cultural Institution as a Place for Innovative Youth Education. Part 1, 2015, supported by Lithuanian Council for Culture;
• Cultural Institution as a Place for Innovative Youth Education. Part 2, 2016, supported by Lithuanian Council for Culture;
• Lessons of Digital Memory for Seniors, 2016, supported by Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Lithuania.